- Vesak (Buddha day) – In May, celebrating the birth, enlightenment, and posing away of Buddha
- Poson – in June, celebrating the day the Buddhism was brought to Sri Lanka
- Esala – in August, celebrating the day the Buddha delivered the first sermon
- Vas (Rains retreat) – from the full moon day in August (Esala) to full moon day in October(Vap), during this period devotees take turns to attend to the needs of the resident monks.
- Katina ceremony – offering of a robe to one of the chosen monks in the lunar month following the rains retreat.
- Blessing of devotees for the New Year (1st of January)
- Sinhala New year celebrations on April ( 14th or ..)